Friday, July 27, 2012

The Birds Outside the Academy

You may have noticed the Twitter feed that has replaced all of those awesome (and well-funded) Kickstarter projects. The amount of time I spend planning, prepping, and reading about games is considerable, but I don't have the want to increase the number of times I post here beyond my normal schedule. It's mostly an issue of just not having enough time to give a post enough attention more than three times a week. That's where the Twitter account comes in.

In addition to various game-related miscellanea, my Twitter feed will contain live impressions of every module or RPG product I consume. I feel it's bad form to to a full-length review of something before it's lived on the gaming table for a night, but there's not as much room for the granular details and observations I make as I work through this stuff in those longer pieces either.

You can expect live commentary as I conduct my readings of the following books in the very near future:
  • DCC Free RPG Day 2012 Module
  • DCC#69: The Emerald Enchanter
  • DCC#70: Jewels of the Carnifex
  • AD&D First Edition Players Handbook
  • AD&D First Edition Monster Manual
  • AD&D First Edition Dungeon Master's Guide
  • Swords Against Deviltry by Fritz Leiber
  • Swords Against Death by Fritz Leiber
  • Swords in the Mist by Fritz Leiber
  • Swords Against Wizardry by Fritz Leiber
All of those have been acquired or are in the mail making their way to my hovel in the city. In addition, expect to see any future Goodman Games modules for DCC RPG, the newly-expanded Dungeon Alphabet, and the Brave Halflin Press Appendix N modules get the same treatment as they trickle in throughout the year.

To get a sense of what this will look like, you should dig through my past tweets as I've already covered DCC#68 The People of the Pit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment