Wednesday, April 10, 2013

On the Horizon: Blade of the Iron Throne

It appears I just missed a Kickstarter I would definitely have backed. Blade of the Iron Throne appears to be a love letter to The Riddle of Steel RPG which was created by Jake Norwood. Norwood runs with the Burning Wheel crowd, and I've always been curious to try this RPG, particularly for its combat system. However, sometimes fate doesn't go your way and I learned about this game a day after the Kickstarter closed. To further salt the wound, the full PDF was available for download earlier this year, but has since been taken down.

There are, however two consolations here. You can still grab the beta PDF here, which I recommend you do immediately. The other thing is there is a ton of art over at the Blade of the Iron Throne website. I'm going to end this post with a small sampling of some of my favorites. Do yourself a favor and take a trek over to their site to bask in its glory.

3 comments:

  1. Hi!

    "Blade of the Iron Throne appears to be a love letter to The Riddle of Steel RPG" -- I like that!

    Thanks for this post -- nice to see someone looking forward to what Blade might bring to the table.

    Regards,

    Ian P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm definitely looking forward to the finished product. How soon after the Kickstarter backers get their copies will the physical book be available?

      Delete
    2. Hi!

      Blade is now available through Drive Through RPG or RPG Now. The current PDF is B&W and has no illustrations -- designed to be printed on a home computer. The other versions should all be available by the end of July.

      Regards,

      Ian P.

      Delete