Sunday, May 13, 2012

Gamescience Dice!

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I got new dice! This was my first experience with Gamescience as well as my first time inking dice by hand. To start, I thought the sprue remains were going to be much worse. I didn't even have to file some of them down. The only ones I found that had consistent problems were the D24s. Both had remnants on multiple faces of the die, which was a little frustrating. The Zocchi dice are also made of a sturdier material than the opaque dice, which made the work take longer.

When I began inking them, I assumed I was trying to color inside the grooves. This does not work. Instead, you have to scratch the crayon back and forth until the number is filled in. Of course, the entire face of the die is going to be covered with the crayon. I found the best method of cleaning them was to take some cardstock and scrape the excess wax off, and then polish it with a rag.

The dice also feel different than other sets I've owned and you really notice it when you roll them. It's hard to explain, but I'm sure everyone who purchases a set will notice this immediately.

Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase. My only complaint is that no Zocchi dice come in opaque colors, as I'm not all that fond of gem dice.

No comments:

Post a Comment