Friday, June 29, 2012

Burning Wheel Recap

I ran that simple scenario for some of my players last night. Fun was had by all, but I don't know that they are sold on the game. Character creation is very complicated when the players don't know what half the stuff means. The actual play was a blast, and the only thing that gave them any trouble were the full Fight! rules. I chalk this up to their inexperience. None of them have played non-D20 based games, and Burning Wheel is a pretty radical game to throw in their laps.

Their favorite part is the collective world building, and I think we'll be importing it into our other games almost immediately. The other stuff, I think, will make sense with time, assuming we play it again.

Next is DCC RPG, which is a pretty big hit with all but one of the players.

No comments:

Post a Comment